This non-invasive and painless therapy accelerates the body's natural healing processes, making it effective for a wide range of conditions, including sports injuries, arthritis, and chronic pain.
By enhancing circulation, reducing inflammation, and promoting cellular repair, Class IV deep tissue laser therapy can help you find relief, improve mobility, and regain your active lifestyle. Experience powerful relief of Deep Tissue Laser Therapy today at Bristol Chiropractic.
What Does Laser Therapy Treat?
- Musculoskeletal Complaints: Addressing chronic back/neck pain, muscle strains, and ligament sprains.
- Degenerative Disorders: Effective in treating conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Beneficial for tendonitis, bursitis, acute sprains/strains and other related injuries.
- Post-Surgical Recovery: Assists in the reduction of inflammation and speeds up the healing process post-operative procedures.
Why Choose Deep Tissue Laser Therapy?
- Precision and Efficacy: Targets affected areas with precision, ensuring effective treatment outcomes.
- Minimally Invasive: Provides relief and accelerates healing without the need for surgical interventions or extensive pharmacological solutions.
- Swift Recovery: Amplifies the body's inherent healing mechanisms, often resulting in reduced recovery times.
- Safety: Offers a safe alternative with minimal side effects when applied under expert guidance.
Endorsed by clinicians and patients for its capabilities in rehabilitation and pain management, deep tissue laser therapy stands at the forefront of innovative medical treatments.
Utilizing a unit with up to 40 watts output at wavelengths of 980 and 810 nanometers, our laser therapy dives into the underlying physiology and cellular mechanisms to accelerate healing and alleviate pain.
Photobiomodulation: The Core Principle
- Cellular Energy Production: Photons infiltrate cells and are absorbed by mitochondria, converting light energy into cellular energy (ATP), thereby enhancing cellular activities and healing.
- Cellular Repair and Immune Response: The increase in cellular energy also facilitates improved cell repair and stimulates immune, lymphatic, and vascular system responses.
Impact of Specific Wavelengths
The Lightforce XLi Class IV Deep Tissue Laser at Bristol Chiropractic has 980nm and 810nm wavelengths:
- 980nm: Tending towards deep tissue penetration, 980nm influences COX pathways, inducing vascular dilation and improved blood circulation, thereby supporting tissue repair.
- 810nm: Targeting cytochrome c oxidase, 810nm promotes cellular respiration, ATP generation, and induces an anti-inflammatory response at the cellular level.
Biochemical and Physiological Impact
- Inflammatory Modulation: Alters prostaglandin synthesis, steering it towards anti-inflammatory pathways and promoting healing.
- Pain Mitigation: Impacts nerve conduction velocity and triggers beta-endorphin production, offering analgesic effects.
Tissue Repair and Cellular Regeneration
- Enhanced Angiogenesis: Stimulates the formation of new vascular structures, ensuring improved nutrient and oxygen delivery to healing tissues.
- Stimulated Collagen Production: Activates fibroblasts, aiding collagen production which is vital for tissue repair and regeneration.
Augmented Cellular Activity
- Increased Lymphocyte Action: Enhances lymphocyte activity, bolstering the immunologic response.
- Enhanced Mitochondrial Activity: Boosts cellular proliferation and differentiation through stimulated mitochondrial activity.
These intricate mechanisms, orchestrated by specific laser wavelengths, enhance cellular function, mitigate pain, and expedite the healing process through a complex cascade of physiological and biochemical activities.
After your first session, you may notice a range of sensations in the treated area – this is normal and a sign that your body is responding to the treatment. Here's what you can generally expect post-therapy:
Immediate Relief: Many patients experience a soothing warmth during the session and immediate relief from discomfort post-treatment due to the laser's ability to reduce inflammation and promote endorphin release.
Mild Soreness: As your body initiates its natural healing processes, you might feel mild soreness or tenderness, akin to the sensations after a physical workout. This is typically short-lived.
Increased Range of Motion: The laser therapy helps to reduce stiffness, which may result in an increased range of motion and improved flexibility.
Continued Healing: The therapeutic effects of the laser continue to work long after your session ends, promoting cellular repair and regeneration for up to 24 hours or more.
Hydration and Rest: It's important to stay hydrated and give your body ample rest to maximize the healing effects of the therapy.
Follow-Up: Our specialist will provide a tailored plan for your subsequent sessions to ensure the best outcome, as the benefits of Class IV deep tissue laser therapy are cumulative.
Should you have any questions or if you experience unexpected symptoms, please reach out to our office immediately. Your health and comfort are our top priority, and we're here to support you every step of the way. We look forward to helping use this amazing technology to get you back to your best!